2019 - 2020 Board of Directors
Literacy South Halton
Board Members for 2019 - 2020
Vacant September 2019
Dr. John Hewson
Sacha Mohan Solomon
Board meetings take place every third Monday of the month from 7:00 – 9:00pm.
A term of office is two years with two terms maximum per position unless otherwise stated. Elections take place at the Annual General Meeting in June. Board members can be nominated to and appointed at the Board meetings throughout the year.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Board delegates the day-to-day administration and management of the Council to the Executive Director including professional staff; however, the Board bears ultimate responsibility for the nature, extent and quality of the Council’s services.
- Board members must follow the Council policies regarding confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Pay an annual membership fee of $20.00
- Understand the relationship of Board members and staff
- Actively participate in the annual strategic planning process
- Participate in the active recruitment and selection of new board members
- Contribute to and support fundraising activities and other outreach events
- Be an ambassador for the Literacy South Halton
- Volunteer to lead or participate in other Board committees
Annual General Meeting
This year the 40th Annual General Meeting will take place on Monday June 8th, 2020, in the community room, Fortinos, Appleby Line, Burlington, Ontario.